Sunday, July 31, 2005

Time for Reckoning

We just got back from our family vacation, a week-long trip to the Gulfcoast so J could spend some quality time on the beach like a normal kiddo. I packed her new waterproof kinesio tape, I stocked up on vetrap, I packed all her bandaging supplies. I fully intended to wrap her at night and let her play with free feet during the day. Her first vacation, her first trip to the beach, I was NOT gonna make the child spend it all wrapped.

Well, she spent none of it wrapped. We have our first 90min therapy appt in the morning and the child has been unwrapped since the 23rd. 8 days. And it's been 2 weeks so they're prolly gonna want to measure, too.

You know what? I'm not really the slightest bit sorry I let my girl be a 4yo kid on the beach, no restrictions other than sandals all the time. (as an aside, I was SO right about this... Dad let her into the surf without on Saturday afternoon and she cut her foot in minutes... Why don't they ever believe that sometimes people who handle the day-to-day care really DO know what they're talking about ?!?!?! Now I have a cut to monitor, too - so far so good on that one).

I am worried that the therapist may refuse to continue to treat her because of this, and I don't want that to happen, but I have to put J first, and letting her have a vacation with the family was more important than what the therapist thinks of me as a lymphparent. I'm in the groove again, I can continue on my own as needed... Guess we'll see what happens in the morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home