Monday, November 14, 2005

This Little Piggy...

is horribly swollen.

Yep. The progress we've made in the dorsum has been showing a detrimental effect in her toes.
So, now we're just concentrating on toes.

I wrapped her in elastomoll and a 4cm short-stretch that I'd cut in half lengthwise (to make a 2cm) and her toes looked great last week when I unwrapped that, other than J complaining of an itch on one toe. She went away for the weekend with dh and came home with a big blister on the toe she'd complained about before they left. So I left her with "free-feet"--what J calls being unwrapped--and took her in to let the therapist check out the blister.

(I haven't asked, but since I didn't wrap her before she and dh left and all her wrapping supplies were here at home, I'm assuming she went unwrapped for the weekend.)

The therapist had given me a homework assignment, to pick a day garment and start the ball rolling on insurance so that all we have to do is measure and go. I hadn't done it yet, so she made me look up the phone number on the web from the desk in the therapy room, and call the Bio-Concepts people, since they're my choice thus far, at least partly because of the color selection, I admit it.

They were kind enough to express mail me their info, which included a lovely thick manual on their measuring procedures/requirements/standards and two custom-garment measuring kits. Basically everything except the order forms and a price sheet. So I guess I'll call them back on Monday since, unfortunately, price and insurance coverage has more than it should to do with who we order from. We've already decided to order a day garment instead of an overnight one for financial reasons. :-(

Having a child like J kinda makes ya wish for National Health-the good, Canadian kind. The UK kind is ok, but I (virtually speaking) know adults and kids over there who have trouble sometimes getting what they need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home