Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Love Love Love - Feelin' the Love

I LOVE J's therapist!

We cancelled our appointment for today because part of our roof was damaged by wind last week and the roofer couldn't get here til Monday and it was supposed to rain today so I *had* to get that fixed this morning. They got done uber-fast and I called back to see if we could reschedule our cancelled appointment and come in. She said yes. And between the two of us, grown adults mind you, we spent 2 1/2 HOURS reading directions, marking, dotting, and revisiting, then redoing it cuz the people at BioConcepts told us when we called that YES, she did need to be standing when the measurements were taken... She worked through her lunch with us, through her staff meeting, and we're READY! Got all the measurements (forgot the compression ratio though, so Imma call her in the a.m. to get that info), made the tracings, the works. We are READY to order our daytime garment.

I LOVE J's pediatrician!


Who called me back this afternoon, AFTER HOURS, to discuss the note her nurse left her "pt. needs a med. mes". I explained it was a letter of medical necessity for the garment, plus a prescription, she verified what it was for, gave me a couple of key words (preventive care, to ~maintain~ the progress made during physical therapy the last 5 months, etc.) to use when beggin... er... calling the insurance to see if they'll pay for it. Our pedi is an amputee so she said if insurance paid for her new uber prostheses it oughta pay for our hose. Wonder how many pairs they'll pay for? She is typing up the letter, SO much better than the standardized form from the garment co (IMHO) and the scrip & will have them for us by Friday.

I love J!


For being so totally awesome through the ordeal of measuring today. Awesome by 4-year old standards, mind you, so there was still lots of fidgeting, widgeting, wiggling, whining, and, eventually, bribing (that'd be me) going on. But all-in-all, for someone who hand to stand up, lie down, be polka-dotted, pinched, and cirumferenced without knowing what the heck it's really all about (she won't get it til the garment gets here, I'm sure) she was pretty awesome. Oh, and today's post is hot pink cuz it's the closest blogger color I could find to the fuschia she chose for her hose... *sigh* At least she'll be easy to find in a crowd.

I LOVE me!


For making this happen... With luck I'll be faxing the order form & required paperwork on Friday!

Now to make some phone calls and find out if I'm going to love my health insurance company...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home